Ok, so I realize these seems like kind of an odd post to do. But I so often get questions about nail care and what polish remover I use and how I keep my cuticles looking good, etc and nail polish removal fits right into that.
I used to be a dump some polish remover on a cotton ball and rub my nails until the polish came off girl. I also used to be a slave to 100% acetone polish remover when I wore hard to remove nail polish. But no more! I’ve finally found the perfect nail polish removal method. And it requires just one cotton ball (no matter what nail polish I’m wearing).
For a step by step guide to what I think is the best, never fail way to remove any nail polish, check below the jump!
- Unroll the cotton ball and pull off 10 small pieces (about the size of a stamp).
- Fill the nail polish remover cap with remover.
- Dip the bottom of one small piece of cotton into the remover until it soaks the cotton about half way up.
- Place the cotton on the nail with the saturated part at the cuticle. Press down on the cotton making sure the entire nail is covered. Repeat on the rest of the nails.
- Wait! How long you need to wait depends on the polish. A creme polish only needs a minute or two, a glitter polish needs 5 minutes or so.
- To remove the cotton start at the cuticle and apply even pressure and move up. This should remove, if not all, the vast majority of polish that was on the nail.
- If there is any polish left on the nail, fold the piece of cotton over and remove the remaining polish.
And that’s it! This works so well because the nail polish soaks up the acetone and the polish slides right off! I’ve used this method for every type of nail polish under the sun (creme, shimmer, glitter, magnetic, even those nail polish strips…) and it works perfectly. Plus my cuticles love me because I don’t use 100% acetone anymore. Ever!
Another bonus using this method is it has cut down dramatically on the number of cotton balls and amount of nail polish remover I use. I’m always happy to save some money!
Anyway, I hope this was helpful! If you have any nail polish removal tips make sure to leave them in a comment below 🙂