Below the jump are my 5 must have polishes for fall 2012. Make sure to leave a comment with your 5 must have polishes!
1. Oxblood: Or Burgundy. Or Chianti. Whatever you want to call it! This is the number one must have color for fall. It’s everywhere in fashion and quickly extending to beauty by way of lipstick. Burgundy lipstick can be difficult to pull of but it’s easy to pull off burgundy nail polish. My all time favorite from this color range is OPI St. Petersburgundy. Other good options include OPI Mrs. O’Leary’s BBQ and Essie Berry Hard.
2. Plum: The Cut (NY Mag’s fashion and beauty blog) did a post the other day on 30 Ways to Wear Plum for Fall. One way was of course nail polish! This season’s plums have a distinct red undertone. Essie Bahama Mama is a great polish from this color range. Essence Plum Perfect is a more affordable option. There are, of course, the more purple plum polishes that are also on trend. Revlon Plum Night is a favorite!
3. Gray: This seems like the nail polish color that just won’t go away! Truthfully gray is a great nail polish color. It’s neutral but not boring and matches just about anything. Pantone is calling this season’s grays “titanium” which lack that slight purple undertone of season’s past. My current favorite gray is OPI Berlin There Done That, but a more affordable option is petites COLOR FEVER Vintage Gray.
4. Teal: Finally, some color! Teal’s for this year lean towards the green side. Katie obviously saw this coming when she created Atlantic with Lex Cosmetics! Other great teal options include butter LONDON Slapper, NYC Mint Breeze and LA Colors Atomic (which I am wearing right now and will be posting this week. When I do I’ll update this post….).
5. Dusty pinks and roses: Anything in the pink or rose family that has a dusty quality to it is a definite must have neutral for fall. I prefer the rose end of the spectrum like Revlon ColorStay Vintage Rose but there are also some lovely colors on the more pink side like Essie Eternal Optimist. If you’re looking for something with a little shimmer Zoya Felicity should do the trick!
As far as finishes go, cremes are definitely ruling for the moment. But don’t worry, as soon as winter comes around those shimmery jewel tones that scream HOLIDAY PARTY will be all the rage.
Do you have any favorites that would fit in these categories that I left out? If so, please let us know about them! Also, don’t forget to leave your 5 must have fall polishes in a comment below 🙂