Yes, the title of this post is correct. This post is about a manicure I did using plastic wrap! My favorite nail art is the kind that can be easily done with things I already have around the house. For this manicure I used plastic wrap to give my manicure a cool texture.
For step by step instructions on how to do this super simple nail art check below the jump!
- Two nail polishes that are not too similar in color. At least one of the polishes needs to be a creme finish polish. I used OPI Berlin There Done That and Maybelline Express Finish Black Onyx
- Plastic wrap cut into small pieces (mine were about 2 inches square)
- A top coat
- Q-tips and acetone to clean up.
- Do all your nails the base color and let dry completely. It is important that the nails be completely dry.
- Doing one nail at a time, paint a rather thick coat of the second color onto the nail. Then take a piece of plastic wrap and bunch it into a ball. Then tap the plastic wrap over the wet polish until you are happy with the result. Repeat on the rest of your nails
- Apply a top coat!
- This can be kind of messy so after applying a top coat use a Q-tip soaked in acetone to clean up around the nail.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this nail art technique and whether or not you’ll be giving it a try!