Essie Mojito Madness

One of my favorite restaurants in Charlotte, the now closed M5, had $5 mojito night during the Spring and Summer. They had a fabulous patio and it was always a great time. When I spotted Essie’s Summer 2012 Bikini So Teeny display at CVS I was immediately attracted to Mojito Madness because of the color. But as soon as I read the name, I knew I had to have it!

Mojito Madness is a beautiful kelly green creme. Maddy on Twitter alerted me to the fact that this polish is the exact green of the Starbucks straw! Not only is the color lovely, the formula is fantastic. I used just 2 coats in my swatch.

This is a great polish for Summer and it’s a nice change from all the neons I’ve been wearing lately. I’m impressed with both collections Essie has released recently!

Slightly off topic but when I purchased this polish at CVS the lady that was ringing me up said something along the lines of “is this nail polish magic?” I was very confused by her statement. Then she proceeded to explain that for $9 she thought this nail polish should do something really special, suggesting $9 for a nail polish was crazy. Not only did I think her comments were slightly rude, I really wanted to invite her over for a tour of my nail polish stash and see her reaction!

Anyway, sorry for the side story, I just thought it was amusing! There are more swatches of this lovely polish (that is totally worth the money…) below the jump. And stay tuned for Katie’s review of Bikini So Teeny 🙂

27 thoughts on “Essie Mojito Madness

1. Maddy June 7, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Haha, thanks for the shoutout! I’m still rocking this 5 days later! The wear is amazing. As always, your pics are beautiful! 🙂

• Alli June 7, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I am super impressed with this polish! And thank you 🙂

2. Amanda June 7, 2012 at 8:09 pm

This is so pretty! And I’d be a bit annoyed if someone said something like that when I was buying nail polish. Obviously, we think it’s worth it if we’re buying it, right?

• Alli June 8, 2012 at 10:45 am

Exactly! She should have kept the commentary to herself.

3. Katie June 7, 2012 at 9:52 pm

You didn’t tell me M5 closed 🙁

• Alli June 8, 2012 at 10:46 am

Yes. It was very sad 🙁

• Katie June 8, 2012 at 4:41 pm

But those mojitos were soooo goood.

4. Nat June 7, 2012 at 9:52 pm

As if it was any of her business. Next time I order a pizza, is the delivery guy gonna ask me if I really need to eat that?? SHEESH

PS I paid $65.00 for nail polish once. It was a beautiful colour and wore really well, and I also realised I have other polishes that I like as much. Haven’t bought another $65.00 one. MORAL: It was my legally earned tender, no matter what the outcome. It’s nail polish, not street drugs, you experiment, some are winners, some aren’t. As long as you aren’t stealing them, they can take their opinions and (ladylike brain section kicked in, oh sugar). Somebody finish that sentence for me please.

Oh yeah, the nail polish. Kinda got off topic. Looks really sweet! Essie has come a long way. Last time I checked their colours were kind of dull for my tastes, but now I have a few to try.

Sorry for the rant. 😉

• Alli June 8, 2012 at 10:48 am

That was my problem. It’s none of her business what I spend my money on!

I’ve never spent $65 on nail polish but I have probably spent that much in gas driving around looking for a specific nail polish! Lol.

5. Katy June 16, 2012 at 7:36 pm

A CVS cashier tried to convince me out of Essie Shine of the Times and As Gold as it Gets by saying that Wet ‘n’ Wild had “the exact same thing” for much cheaper. This was back when WnW and Sally Hansen had knock-offs of the China Glaze Marilyn Monroe glitters. As you already know, that’s not even close to being the same as the Essie flakies. I’m left to wonder if CVS employees really f’ing hate their employers, and try to lash out by convincing people to spend less money.

• Alli June 16, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Ugh! I hate it when people who clearly do not know what they are talking about try to convince you that they do!

Unless a customer asks the employees should really keep their thoughts to themselves.

6. Kellie June 17, 2013 at 4:54 pm

It’s the same color as Starbuck’s straw LOLOLOLOL that cracked me up teehee. I have so gotta get my hands on Mojito Madness!!!!!!!! I’m obsessed!!!

7. Catherine Dream February 6, 2014 at 10:16 am

Hey, it’s true about the Starbucks straw! So cool.